- I agree to uphold the Code of Ethics of the Semi-Longhair Cat Club QLD Inc.
- As a cat owner I will ensure that I do all that is necessary for the health and well-being of all my cats or kittens. If unable to properly care for them, I will contact the club or the breeder/s for advice and assistance in finding and placing them in good home/homes.
- I agree to desex any kitten or cat that I own at no later than six months of age.
- As a cat owner or boarding facility, I will ensure all cats in my care are kept in hygienic conditions, fed and watered properly, and receive any necessary veterinary attention when required.
- I will ensure that my kitten or cats are kept inside or will ensure that my kitten or cats have a secure outside enclosure with shelter.
- I agree to uphold the Code of Ethics of the Semi-Longhair Cat Club QLD Inc, in addition to those of my registering council.
- I will not knowingly sell or transfer a kitten or cat to a wholesale or retail pet dealer, or allow any kitten or cat to be a prize or donation in a contest of any kind.
- As a breeder I will ensure that I will do all that is necessary for the health and well-being of all my cats or kittens. If unable to properly care for them, I will contact the club or the breeder/s for advice and assistance in finding and placing them in good home/homes.
- When selling kittens or cats I will represent them honestly, they will be at least 10 weeks old and may not be sold unless they have a minimum of one vaccination, and any kitten or cat that I am selling or re-homing must be microchipped, desexed (unless a veterinarian certificate is issued that a particular kitten cannot be safely desexed due to health issues. I therefore agree that if I do not desex a kitten prior to sale, the owner will be required to sign a declaration stating that their kitten will be desexed by six months of age), parasite free, wormed, clean and sociable.
- All members agree to abide by all local and state laws which relate to the breeding and/or keeping of cats.
- I will endeavour to ensure all kittens or cats go to loving responsible homes and that the new owners clearly understand the responsibilities of ownership. At the time of purchase, new owners will be offered accurate written information concerning the care of the kitten or cat purchased. They will also be given a diet sheet, vaccination certificate/s, pedigree papers and grooming information.
- No kitten or cat suspected of being sick, injured or diseased may be sold under any circumstances.
- I agree that if within 10 days, a kitten or cat is not acceptable to the new owner due to health reasons, excluding injury, and the complaint is supported by a veterinarian, I as the breeder will ensure that there is an equitable outcome. This guarantee must be provided in writing to the purchaser at the point of sale.
- I shall breed with the intention of improving my chosen breed of cat and not for commercial gain.
- As a breeder or boarding facility, I will ensure all cats in my care are kept in hygienic conditions, fed and watered properly, and receive any necessary veterinary attention whenever required.
- Any kitten or cat sold by me for showing or breeding shall comply favourably with the standard, and the necessary pedigree and registration forms shall be transferred to the new owner without delay and will be correct in all ways.
- I shall not sell any kitten or cat for breeding unless the new owner is a registered breeder with a recognised governing council.
- Anyone who purchases a male kitten/cat for stud purposes will be advised of the responsibilities and care of such ownership and the type of housing required.
- I shall not permit my registered purebred cat to be mated with any unregistered cat or with any other breed of cat unless for controlled experimental breeding, which is condoned by a recognised, governing council.
- I shall not breed my female cat/s before nine months of age and no more than twice a year (except with veterinary advice in exceptional circumstances).